0
2015 SSE Scottish Hydro Challenge - Day OneGeorge Murray has conceded that he might be compelled to call time on his vocation on the off chance that he can't secure an European Tour card before the end of the season.
Addressing bunkered.co.uk, the 33-year-old Fifer uncovered that one month from now's Alfred Dunhill Links Championship could be his last occasion as a full-time proficient golfer – and that is accepting that the Kingsbarns-appended star can get a welcome for it.

Murray, who turned proficient in 2006 after an effective beginner profession that included winning the Scottish Amateur in 2004, has attempted to set up an a dependable balance on the European Tour, yo-yoing amongst it and the Challenge Tour.

His 2016 season has been desolated by a neck damage that has constrained him to only five begins on the Challenge Tour and, having settled on the choice to skip Qualifying School, the main phase of which started at The Roxburghe this week, Murray concedes that he might be compelled to hang up his clubs before the end of the year.

"It's been a baffling year," said George Murray. "I've attempted to play in all the primary visit occasions that I've possessed the capacity to get into in light of the fact that, in those, in the event that you make the cut, you're ensured to profit. It's not by any stretch of the imagination like that on the Challenge Tour.

"Yes, you'll get a check in the event that you make the slice yet you have to truly push on throughout the weekend to profit to take care of your costs, which is sufficiently hard under the most favorable circumstances yet significantly all the more so when you're battling a bit with harm.

"I'm trusting I may have the capacity to get a spot in the Dunhill yet we'll simply need to sit back and watch. On the off chance that it comes to it that I have no place to play next season, and I can't get enough begins through a therapeutic exception, then I may need to retire until tomorrow."

Refreshingly, George Murray, who completed third in the Alfred Dunhill Links in 2011, says that, in the event that this is the end for him on the visit, he won't abandon it with any second thoughts.

"I've been around here ten years and truly delighted in it," he said. "I've won the Scottish Hydro Challenge, played in the Open and went by some astonishing spots. I've had an OK profession. The amusement doesn't owe me anything.

"On the off chance that I do wind up leaving, I'll be happy to do it on great terms instead of be one of these folks who wears down and wears down for a considerable length of time, without truly getting anyplace, and who winds up detesting the diversion subsequently. I would prefer not to be biting.

"I've had a decent run yet I've likewise got the chance to be practical. I have two youthful children and I have to accommodate them and my better half. On the off chance that that implies leaving golf inside and out and accomplishing something else, so be it

Post a Comment

 
Top