0
Image result for Miocic picCLEVELAND - With the backing of more than 18,000 shouting Cleveland fans giving a shout out to him, Stipe Miocic made the place where he grew up glad on Saturday night at the Quicken Loans Arena.

The Ohio local effectively shielded his UFC Heavyweight Championship at the UFC 203 pay-per-view by thumping out his adversary, Alistair Overeem, with a whirlwind of punches in the opening round of the headliner.

Miocic ended up stuck in an unfortunate situation right on time in the battle, taking a punch to the button that thumped him off his feet. Overeem jumped and wrapped his arms around Miocic's neck for a speedy guillotine accommodation, however the champ could take off and return to his feet.

Minutes after the fact Miocic hindered a side kick from Overeem and pursued him to the ground. In a matter of seconds, Miocic was in a full mount position remaining over Overeem and conveyed a flood of punches to Overeem's skull, driving the ref to stop the battle.

"He hit harder than I suspected, he thumped me down however I wasn't hurt. I said I would keep this belt for quite a while and I did it," Miocic said after the battle. "I needed to close him down, turn the mother load up off."Overeem, an exceptionally enriched heavyweight and previous kickboxing title holder, said in his post-battle meeting with Joe Rogan that he trusted Miocic tapped out when Overeem had the guillotine quickly secured. In any case, subsequent to demonstrating the replay of the battle from numerous edges, there was no proof to bolster his case.

Miocic may have done his city pleased, yet he was lamentably the main Ohio contender to leave away with a triumph. His Strong Style colleague Jessica Eye lost a split choice session to Bethe Correia (29-28, 28-29, 28-29) in the last battle of the Fox Sports 1 prelims.

"I don't think I lost that battle by any means," Eye said after her misfortune. "I simply don't know how and to think it would happen here like this; equitable takes my breath away. I'm not certain what is coming at this point. It's exactly how it goes."

C.B. Dollaway, a Northmor graduate making the hop to the light heavyweight division, was expelled from the card before in the day when a mishap including a breaking down lift at the Wyndham Hotel in Cleveland harmed his back.

The other enormous battle at UFC 203 included previous WWE proficient wrestler CM Punk making his blended hand to hand fighting introduction. In any case, Punk's first raid into the game brought about thrashing, as he was brought around his adversary, Mickey Gall, in minor seconds and submitted at two minutes, 45 seconds into the battle because of a back exposed stifle.

But in spite of his misfortune, Punk said a short time later he was excited to get the chance to contend.

"The procedure was otherworldly," Punk said in his post-battle public interview. "I'm simply baffled. I'm thumping myself much more than I got beat up. I'm remarkably frustrated however the solution for your inquiry (what might he change about his procedure) is beside the result I wouldn't transform anything for the world. Simply being out there under the lights was the best time I've ever had and to say it again, the second greatest day of my life. The first was my significant other, when I wedded her."

Post a Comment

 
Top